Today in the 2018 Fifa world cup Most important clash – Do or Die Game 2014 World cup runners up Argentina will be facing nigeria in the final match of the opening round. This Argentina vs Nigeria football world cup match will be played on 2 p.m. ET time. Both team who will be searching for the full three important points and try their best to advance to round of 16 from the Group D. Look at below the Match Prediction, Odds and Inside pick for today’s game.
Nigeria vs Argentina Predictions
Super Eagles who plick up only their second victory in the last 14 world cup appearance when they defeat iceland on friday and with this victory their confidence are higher and looking to beat competitive sides of argentina and try to earse the history of h2h encounters.
On the other side Argentina side will be shown lack of meticulousness in the first two clash of the world cup. You can back the fifth consecutive head to head outing between these two sides to see goals at both ends made and produce at least three in total at the odds of 2.30.
As per Expert prediction for today’s game Argentina win the game with 2-1 score.
Nigeria Team News
- Gernot Rohr decided to go with three changes to the squad which lost 2-0 against Croatia on the opening day.
- The German expert also applied the change in formation, introducing the 3-5-2 strategy which worked perfectly on Friday against Iceland and desperate to go with it.
- Both Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho were introduced to the starting line-up after coming on from the bench against the Blazers.
- Kenneth Omerou was brought into the back-trio and he generally did a fantastic job against Iceland being one of Nigeria’s top-rated players in the affair and team surely looking good performance in the do or die clash.
- Rohr does not have reasons to change anything from the clash with the Scandinavians.
Nigeria Predicted Starting Eleven (3-5-2)
Uzoho – Balogun, Ekong, Omeruo – Moses, Ndidi, Mikel, Etebo, Idowu – Musa, Iheanacho.
Argentina Team News
- The situation in the Argentine dressing room is at the lowest level possible after the catastrophe against Croatia but have to go with positive intend in this highly recommended victory match.
- The entire nation turned against Jorge Sampaoli who is persistent in leaving the European stars on the bench.
- He made three changes to the side that failed to beat Iceland on the First group stage match, but none actually made sense.
- Mercado came on instead of Marcus Rojo, while Biglia and Di Maria made way for Perez and Acuna as the formation went from 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-2-1.
- Sampaoli will likely re-shift to the strategy used against Iceland, but will we finally expect to see Paulo Dybala in the starting line-up?
Argentina Predicted Starting Eleven (4-2-3-1)
Caballero – Salvio, Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico – Mascherano, Biglia – Dybala, Messi, Di Maria – Aguero.